Friday, March 12, 2010

Smokin' Hot

So two of my friends from work (Candice and Rachael) and I signed up for a month of Hot Yoga. I have heard really amazing things about it and always wanted to try it out... and a coupon for one month unlimited classes pushed me over the edge, as well as bathing suit season coming up! Sooo, last night was our first attempt!

What is hot yoga, you ask? It is a 90 minute yoga class in a room heated between 100-105 degrees with humidity of 50%-60%. Are we crazy, you ask? Yes, maybe so, but it was really great! Each session is a progression of 26 postures and is supposed to promote sweat (no problem there) and the release of toxins in the body allowing gains in strength, flexibility and self-discipline.

I survived! I actually really enjoyed it! I mean, it was HOT but I felt really good when I left. This may sound weird to someone that has never done yoga, but my joints feel really good today, and I can't wait to go back tomorrow.

If you are inclined to try hot yoga for yourself, I would recommend bringing your own mat, towel, and lots of water. And make no plans to be in public afterward!!

Happy Friday Everyone!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

I did yoga the last two months of my pregnancy and loved it but of course it wasn't hot yoga! Doesn't hot yoga go by something starting with a b? I do want to try it though. I am glad all is going good with you guys! When is your next visit to Madison? We will be there in June. If you guys are in town let me know so we can catch up!

Nida Rab said...

i've always wondered about hot yoga from all those stickers and signs you see around town, but i never really knew the benefits! sounds really neat! i may have to give it a try sometime :)